Because flooring is our expertise, the following is what you can expect before, during and after installation.
WHAT IS ON YOUR PROJECT CHECKLIST?
Upgrading your home’s flooring and design is a rewarding endeavour, but do not let anyone tell you it will be simple. There is a lot to think about, and even if you have done large remodels in the past, each project is different.
At Urban Flooring, we do everything we can to help our customers plan and execute their projects. With 20 years in the industry, we have seen it all. As a result, please consider using our checklist for your next project.
- Plan Your Home Flooring Project.
- Measure Your Space.
- Get Inspired.
- Choose Your Flooring Type.
- Figure Out Your Budget.
- Let Us Bring Your Vision to Life.
- Enjoy Your Floor.
- Remove furniture from the area.
- Empty loose cupboards or shelves.
- Kitchen: unplug gas stove/oven, refrigerator and dishwasher.
- Countertops: remove all items.
- Window treatments: pull up blinds and lift or remove curtains.
- Installations: We will deliver your floor 24 hours prior to installation. Please prepare an area in your home for acclimation. Proper acclimation allows the moisture content of the wood to adjust to the conditions in the room. Acclimation times are shorter for both laminate and engineered floors.
- There is no need to wait around at home because our expert team will take care of your home as if it was our own. You will not even know we were there after we have finished.
- Allow 6 hours before walking on floors.
- Allow 24 hours before placing any heavy furniture on floors.
- Place felt pads on the legs of ALL furniture.
- Allow 24 hours before placing carpets or other area rugs on your floors.
- DO NOT use water on your floors for 48 hours.
If you have questions during your renovation project, please do not hesitate to ask Urban Flooring. After the floors settle within 1-2 weeks, if there are any areas that need our attention, please contact us!