2020 Top 5
Here is a rundown of the five hottest flooring trends this year.
- Wood-look flooring. This isn’t new to 2020. Wood-look flooring in laminate, vinyl and ceramic tile has been hot for years. In fact, it’s been the #1 flooring trend 2 years in a row, with no end in sight.
- Waterproof flooring. For years, tile was really your only waterproof flooring option. But it’s 2020! That means you can now purchase waterproof vinyl, laminate and even carpet. This new feature is a dream for busy homeowners, families and pet owners.
- Textured flooring. Mimicking classic hardwood, you will see handscraped, wire brushed and fully distressed floors in wood, laminate and more.
- Environmentally-responsible flooring. Beyond looks, in 2020, homeowners want to know where their floor came from. Using natural, renewable, recyclable and home-grown materials is a huge trend right now.
- Blonde flooring. Don’t worry – gray is still big! Blonde is just also in and it is making a huge splash. Light, airy, blonde flooring works with just about any decor and instantly makes your room look bigger.